Re: Non-comp runs?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Non-comp runs?
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:45:13 -0700
"Mark J. Andy" wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I was reading the supplemental rules the other day and they made mention
> that SFR allows folks to buy a 2nd set of runs as "non-comp" runs, but
> that it was at the discretion of the event chair... (or some such).
>
> Are the 2nd set of runs normally available?  I'd certainly like more than
> 3 runs, scored or not.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

The availability of SFR's second set of runs depends
on the event chairs' assessment of attendance, and their communication to
registration. Ask at registration the
day of the event. No one else can answer your question.

I will tell you they correlate strongly with fun runs.
When attendance is low enough to sell extra runs,
it is often also low enough for free fun runs. If
you do buy a second set of runs keep in mind that
only your first set can count for points, and you
must work twice.
Rich