Re: S.D. Tour

To: Boris Elpiner <boriselp@altavista.net>
Subject: Re: S.D. Tour
From: <giles@vy.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:23:14 -0800 (PST)
And be careful of those CHP cars with the rear-facing radar. I was at the
Apricot Tree (which is about 50 miles south of where 152 meets I5), and
there was a cop there telling about how people don't seem to be aware that
the CHP cars can radar in both directions, and how he got a particular guy
for doing 100mph (although this was mostly because the guy didn't slow
down after he saw him) when he was at the time facing the other direction.

You also have to deal with the spotter planes. Oh, and slow down around
Harris Ranch, the CHP likes to have lunch there. But once you're in LA, no
one seems to obey the speed limit anyway, especially on I405.

But still, 7 hours to get to San Diego? You'll be lucky to be at LAX in 7
hours!

        Giles