Re: S.D. Tour

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: S.D. Tour
From: "Boris Elpiner" <boriselp@altavista.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:49:03 -0800
Kirk wrote:

<snip> Yahoo says the distance is about 470 miles
> which would take at least 7 hours with little traffic and being stopped
> by the CHP.

I went down to San Diego last Saturday and I have to warn you that CHP was
out in FORCE on I-5. I've lost count how many CHP cars I've seen. Truckers
were going at about 63-65 and I just kept with them. I've been clocked at
63-64mph few times, but officers didn't bother with me. I don't know if
they'll be as lenient to a car going 78-79 mph. I've seen A LOT of people
being pulled over.

I took 210, I-10, I-15 to go around LA and with exception of a short section
of  I-10 traffic was tolerable. All in all I've got to San Diego in about 8
hours towing all by myself.  But that was on Saturday. During the week the
traffic near downtown is terrible in every direction at most every time of
the day. Don't even think about taking I-5 or I-10 through downtown,
especially if you are towing,  You'll not enjoy it:-(.

Boris.