Re: wanted: Miata Solo I legal roll bar

To: Chris Tweney <cat@pobox.com>,
Subject: Re: wanted: Miata Solo I legal roll bar
From: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:55:43 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1102520059-967496143=:3707

 maybe I can help with some of my experiences in ordering my roll cage.  If you
are looking for "Solo 1" legal, then you need a full roll cage.  For open track
and schools you can get race roll bar from IO Port racing.  Here is what I
found out in my research,

3 types of roll bars, 1) street bar - for looks only, 2) race roll bar - for
open car track requirements, 3) roll cage - road racing & solo1

Autopower (in San Diego) makes the cages and/or roll bars, it takes 4 weeks to
manufacture, payment for product up front.  no COD

Must be delivered to a business/person M-F, who can pay the freight shipping on
delivery

Frey Racing, wants $400 for the installation.

I can not tell you about self install because I have not recieved my roll cage
yet (plus I wish I have a Miata).  The people I asked about self installs all
tell me that they had to take the interior apart (then again they did not have
a Miata).

I hope I helped with some answers, I you have not already, try IO Port's web
site for more FAQ. http://www.ioportracing.com/

Greg

  Chris Tweney <cat@pobox.com> wrote:
Hiyo SFRistas,

I am newly the proud owner of a '92 Miata (red of course).
There's an open track in 3 weeks and I need to get a roll
bar quickly. It needs to be Solo I legal (1 3/4" o.d. tubing
with two diagonal crossmembers).

Does anybody have any good leads on a) used rollbars and
b) good, cheap installers?

Thanks!

-chris
as yet unnamed, unnumbered, unmodified CS Miata

---
Chris Tweney
http://www.pobox.com/~cat

Street Touring -S

http://streettouring.homepage.com

---------------------------------
--0-1102520059-967496143=:3707

<P>&nbsp;maybe I can help with some of my experiences in ordering my roll
cage.&nbsp; If you are looking for "Solo 1" legal, then you need a full roll
cage.&nbsp; For open track and schools you can get race roll bar from IO Port
racing.&nbsp; Here is what I found out in my research,</P>
<P>3 types of roll bars, 1) street bar - for looks only, 2) race roll bar - for
open car track requirements, 3) roll cage - road racing &amp; solo1</P>
<P>Autopower (in San Diego) makes the cages and/or roll bars, it takes 4 weeks
to manufacture, payment for product up front.&nbsp; no COD</P>
<P>Must be delivered to a business/person M-F, who can pay the freight shipping
on delivery</P>
<P>Frey Racing, wants $400 for the installation.&nbsp; </P>
<P>I can not tell you about self install because I have not recieved my roll
cage yet (plus I wish I have a Miata).&nbsp; The people I asked about&nbsp;self
installs all tell me that they had to take the interior apart (then again they
did not have a Miata).&nbsp; </P>
<P>I hope I helped with some answers, I you have not already, try IO Port's web
site for more FAQ. <A
href="http://www.ioportracing.com/";>http://www.ioportracing.com/</A></P>
<P>Greg<BR></P>
<P>&nbsp; <B><I>Chris Tweney &lt;cat@pobox.com&gt;</I></B> wrote: <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Hiyo SFRistas,<BR><BR>I am newly the proud owner of a '92
Miata (red of course).<BR>There's an open track in 3 weeks and I need to get a
roll<BR>bar quickly. It needs to be Solo I legal (1 3/4" o.d. tubing<BR>with
two diagonal crossmembers).<BR><BR>Does anybody have any good leads on a) used
rollbars and<BR>b) good, cheap installers?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>-chris<BR>as
yet unnamed, unnumbered, unmodified CS Miata<BR><BR><BR>---<BR>Chris
Tweney<BR>http://www.pobox.com/~cat<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><P>********************************************************<BR>Street
 Touring -S</P>
from anywhere!
--0-1102520059-967496143=:3707--