Re: SFR First Time Nationals entrants -- SFR will refund yourentrance fe

To: Toy4speed@aol.com
Subject: Re: SFR First Time Nationals entrants -- SFR will refund yourentrance fee
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:51:15 -0700
In message <aa.9b9feb8.26d6f70a@aol.com>Toy4speed@aol.com writes
>As far as giving something back to all autocrossers, I think everyone
>benefits from the efforts to obtain local sites, frequency of events, well
>run events, and a good mentoring process.

Amen.  If we have so much money that we are talking about "giving back"
in some financial way, why not just lower the entrance fee[*]?  I'm still
probably spending more on R tires than entrance fees, but every little
bit helps.

I certainly think that paying the entry fee for first-timers to nationals
is a great idea, and I hope to avail myself of that offer if it is
still around next year.

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net

[*] Politically, I'm a tax and spend liberal, but I have to admit that
when the money is this close to me, I seem to change my outlook.  :-(
Oh, yeah, and I think that the $25 fee is still pretty reasonable,
anyway...