Re: Inner Quandries

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: Re: Inner Quandries
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:05:22 -0700
Katie,

You wrote:

>So, I'm resigned to the possibility that next year will not be a fast year
>for either of us. It will be instead a year to learn to really drive the
>best I can with what I have, as I think the best scenario, learning wise, is
>to put yourself in a situation where you have to struggle a little bit.
>Given that, here are the options:

Having gone through a lot of years with my "un-competitive" '85 Corvette in
SS, we still did a number, occasionally #1 PAX, on the local scene. Its fun
to be the underdog. I never, in those years considered running any National
events as, after port matching was outlawed, I had a protest-bait machine.
It was still fun to run locally. Of course, during part of that time I was
fortunate to get to drive Dwayne Komush's Nationally competitive '70 Ford
Escort Mexico for several years, including  three Nationals.

However, I constantly made improvements to the car (much cheaper than a new
car) every year and, I think, improved my driving skills at the same time.
And, all the time it was just as much fun as being in THE car in class.

Save your bucks for THE next car and have fun in the meantime.

        Don