Kumho question

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kumho question
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:10:22 -0700
Quick question on Kumho tires :

I am running my first set of Kumho tires on my ESP Chevy Impala SS (running
275/40R17 tires).   It's a BIG car with a lotta torque (approx 370 ft-lbs at
the flywheel!), and due to driving style (which I'm working on, but....) the
rear tires are noticably more worn than the fronts....across the tread.

Do Kumhos work best if you go ahead and "rotate" them (either F/R or F/R and
side to side), or do they work best just keeping them on one corner until
they are gone?   If I don't "rotate" them, its obvious the rears are gonna
be gone before the fronts.

Thanks in advance.   Please copy me directly on any replies, as I am only on
the "digest" version of this list.

Ed Runnion         Sunnyvale CA
mailto:Ed_Runnion@RegionOfDoom.com
96 Chevy Impala SS, SFR-SCCA ESP #984