Re: Lexus Drive - Hangin with Mr. Cooper

To: "David Rowney" <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: Lexus Drive - Hangin with Mr. Cooper
From: "Boris Elpiner" <boriselp@altavista.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:03:36 -0700
From: "David Rowney" <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>

> My brother autocrosses the A4Q and I the 328i (earlier E36 model). The A4
> and 328i were probably base models without sports suspension and with
> all-season tires. <snip>

Yes. Of course the cars were basic 2000 model year cars. I've owned and
autocrossed E36 325is and it was quite bit sportier than E46 I drove
yesterday. During the talk at the begining of the event Lexus folks
mentioned that BMW is the benchmark and that 2001 330i moves the performance
level even farther. With 3.0L engine,  sports suspension and 17" rubber the
difference would be even more in the BMW's favor. I didn't know that A4 has
a sports option available. It must be a good one and the car probably
responds well to the auto-x tuning: shocks, bar and alighnment. Also it may
require different the driving technique than RWD cars I'm used to.

IMHO.

Boris.

They are both available with optional suspensions and