Re: Alignment recommendations...again

To: vitaly@nuance.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alignment recommendations...again
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:28:42 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/2000 12:20:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vitaly@nuance.com writes:

<<  The two most recommended alignment places in the area are Custom Alignment
 and C2 Automotive. CA is on the expensive side ($130, though everyone says
 it's worth it) and C2 is too far (in Oakland, but $60).

 Is there another place that's good and on the peninsula? I've gone to four
 alignment places, and none wants to touch my car. I don't have access to a
 lift, so doing it myself is not an option.  >>

Even if you had a lift, you DON'T want to do it yourself.  Derek and I tried
to do it on his rack, and it's a pain in the ***!  There is no one as good as
Jack at C2 on autocross alignments, in my book.  He's also very MR-2
knowledgeable, and your alignment won't slip when he's done.

<<  For the moment, I'm leaning towards Custom Alignment, unless there are
 other suggestions.  >>

Custom has done alignments for me in the past, and they have done a very good
job.   I would make sure they know the specs you want and that they know
about the MR2 tendency to slip to WAY positive camber during autocrosses and
what to do to prevent it.

CHD