Re: Testing the FM transmitter

To: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Testing the FM transmitter
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:46:58 -0700
In message <F1522gv5Gmz8Phg8VMb00010837@hotmail.com>"Rob Weinstock" writes
>>Who is handling this PRIOR to the next event?
>>Do you need help?

>I would appreciate hearing from Kevin Lahey -- my apologies for the
>misspelling -- since I understand the directions for retuning the
>transmitter to other, free frequencies is in your hands.

Correct spelling, wrong information.  IIRC, there is an orange sheet
on top of the amplifier that should have the directions.  The basic
gist is, "fiddle around with the variable capacitor, using the
jeweler's screwdriver that is in the plastic case."

>As far as the offer for help goes, I may need it during testing, once I
>determine that it is basically functioning OK, and packaged.

I found that it was easy enough to hook up a walkman to the input
of the radio, and test it that way.  Barring that, perhaps you could
use the CD player in the RV?

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net