Re: Panoz (and Elise) category?

To: mrc01@flash.net
Subject: Re: Panoz (and Elise) category?
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:10:29 -0400
"Michael R. Clements" wrote:

> Recently I asked what autox category my Panoz roadster will be
> in. A couple of people recommended sending a message to Howard
> Duncan. I sent a couple of messages, but have yet to receive any
> answer. So now I have to guess. Here's what I've heard so far:

Michael,
Is there something different from your Panoz roadster and the
Panoz Roadster in the rule book?

SCCA National Solo 2000 Rules
Page 135
16.1 Modified Production Cars and GT Cars
The Caterham 7, Westfield, Rotus Seven, Panoz Roadster, Viking, and
Birken
are eligible for competition in DM or EM as a modified production car.

I imagine the Elise will be similarly recognized upon request.

Patrick,
If you can beat me AND we trade cars for one event, it's ok with me
if you run in AP. 15.2 on page 110 will keep the Elise legally out of
the Prepared Category unless it is imported in quantity for street use
sometime in the future.
Rich Urschel