Re: Sunday July 9, GGFields (early birds needed!!!)

To: nokones@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Sunday July 9, GGFields (early birds needed!!!)
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 12:36:36 -0700
The transmitter in question is legal. It's classified by the FCC as
  a low-power, non-licensed transmitter, AKA a "Part 15"
  transmitter. This is not a multi-watt "Pirate" transmitter. It's
  as legal as a cordless phone or a garage door opener (both of
  which are also "Part 15" transmitters). It's got a small fraction
  of a watt of power and a range that will be under a quarter of a
  mile. Probably more like a couple of hundred meters at best.

You can buy kits for them at Fry's and Radio Shack. If I recall
  correctly, the unit in question is powered by a 9v battery.

For more info, see http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/asd/lowpwr.html#UNLICENSED

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA