Re: Sunday after event social

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: Sunday after event social
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 06:56:28 -0400
Kevin Stevens wrote:

> How was the afternoon session and social?  I saw the course being changed
>during
> the walk-through due to ?surface wear? ?  Did that affect the course much?

There was an oil soaked patch breaking up near the end of
the first slalom so the slalom was moved about one car
width to the left. Much broom work made the new line
driveable. I think the accumulated gravel on the rest of
the course including the "clean" line and considerable
dryall added to the farthest corner in group 6 had much
more effect than the course change.

Vern turned a 41.9 + a cone in a shifter Kart. Spencer
turned a 45.1 and I was given the same time finishing
right after him. Either the timer didn't trip or Tim Wright
had his pockets full of Huck and Chuck anti-grav.

There was a PA announcement about the social late in
the day. We finished the 8th group at 5:15pm and had
no fun runs. I didn't make the social.

We had some folks show up in the lot next to ours and
start running 4-5 Karts in close formation at high speed
around the light poles. At least one had no helmet.
Rich Urschel