SFR Championship Round 6, thanks

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SFR Championship Round 6, thanks
From: bchafin@attglobal.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 08:59:04 -0700
Thanks to all who participated in Round 6, especially to those who
pitched in with extra effort and those who are a part of the core SFR
SCCA Solo 2 team, without who's consistent effort our sport would only
be a dream.  Many of you worked additional assignments, notice that
something needed to be done and did it and/or pointed it out.  There
are, of course, the many tireless (no pun intended, really!) souls who
contribute relentlessly at each and every event, many of who's
insightful contributions kept the event on track and/or avoided
potential risks for Round 6 and future events.

To anyone considering being a Co-Chair, have no fear.  I've been in this
sport for less than two years and have had the opportunity to co-chair
two events, both with seasoned professionals (EJ Bayles and Ben
Martinez).  Thanks EJ, thanks Ben.  The core members know how to make
these events a success.  If you can get an assignment as a Co-Chair, do
it.  Both the experience and reward are worth the effort.  One word of
caution though, Ben told me he'd never lost an event that he'd chaired.
Thinking there was some direct relationship between the two, I went and
took out a row of cones on the first run... +9 doesn't get you the class
win even if you are the Chair :-).

Barry - http:wwwi4d-sport.com