McClellan Asphalt this weekend

To: jesvilla@gte.net
Subject: McClellan Asphalt this weekend
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 17:06:37 -0400
Jesus Villarreal wrote:

> NEWS FLASH !!!!
>
> The management(General) at McClellan has moved the autocross site to the
> old Airplane Museum parking lot for this weekends AAS event. So if you
> were worried about tire wear, you can forget your fears. The asphalt on
> this area is very tire friendly, and gets pretty grippy after it gets
> broken in. Negotiations are ongoing to get us back on the concrete pad.
>
> Jesus

That lot is the best surface in the greater Bay Area. I will
be there Saturday.

STOP NEGOTIATING! :-)

Seriously, for those who haven't driven on asphalt with good
grip, this may be your last chance. It's marvelously driveable,
and it's worth the trip to Sacramento.
Rich Urschel

Ps. Run groups are at http://www.americanauto-x.com/2000/2000schedule.asp
but it really doesn't matter, just mark your card "fun run".