Re: It's not all bad...

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: It's not all bad...
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:06:59 -0700
Katie makes good points.

Just remember, in most areas of the country, they would consider 200
  drivers to be a huge turnout. I doubt there are very many groups
  that could handle 270+ drivers in a day. And the fact that a
  couple of rookies like Nanda & I managed to pull it off (such as
  it was) is a huge testament to how well the region as a whole has
  things organized & tuned.

SFR doesn't do half badly, all things considered.

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA

In message <93456CB7A08FD211B33D00A0C99D6373522F1D@sfemail1.spss.com>, "Kelly,
Katie" writes:
> I know we're all tired and cranky and moody right now, but just to keep
> things in perspective, I'd like to take a moment to point out everything
> that we do really well. First of all, have you ever really looked at our
> website? I was showing it to my boss just to help him get started in
> autocross last week, and he was very impressed with its excellent
> navigability. Is that a word? You know what I mean. It's clean and clear,
> and all the info you could ever want is just a click away. And now you can
> click on other local autocrosser websites and check out their photos!
>
> With two rookie chairs, we had 271 drivers go through last Saturday, and all
> got at least three runs. We hardly had any lag time, and our rookie course
> designer drew up the most challenging course we've had to date.
>
> Here's a direct link to this high tech course map:
>
> http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2000/Championship/course-rd5.jpg
>
> I hope Keith designs more courses for us in the future!
>
> Some bad things happened, we're learning from them, but all will be all
> right, I think. We really do have it pretty good, I'd say.
>
> Katie
>
> Happiness is the best cosmetic.

This email server is running an evaluation copy of the MailShield anti-
spam software. Please contact your email administrator if you have any
questions about this message. MailShield product info: www.mailshield.com