Enough flames already!

To: Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Enough flames already!
From: "Au H. Nguyen" <aunguyen@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:46:46 -0700
Folks,

There were too many flame wars on this list
in the last month.  Can we go over some basic
etiquettes?

  1.    Don't write anything you wouldn't say
        in person, face to face.

  2.    And even if you are the sort of person who
        would say things like that,  remember that
        people can't hear your tone of voice or see
        your facial expressions.  Subtleties and
        sarcasm don't carry well over the net.

  3.    And my favorite:  if you read something
        that makes you jump up and down and
        go  "AAAARGH" and start pounding on
        your keyboard,  instead of dashing off
        a reply, go take a pee instead,  you'll