Pylon for May 2000

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for May 2000
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:44:17 -0400
        The May 2000 issue of North American Pylon went into the mail last
Thursday, May 18, 2000.

        Once again, because so many people are supplying stories, we
expanded it to 28 tabloid pages.

This month we cover
        - the Texas National Tour at Texas Motor Speedway.
        - Lemoore Pro Solo (near Hanford, CA).
        - Dogwood Gran Prix in Eastern Tennessee.
        - Solotime Midwest Div'l at Salina, KS.
        - New England Region's season opener has 140 at Ayer, MA.
        - Announcement of a Canadian National Autoslalom at Winnipeg.
                It's due N of Kansas.
        - A Morgan for the 21st Century.
        - Tidewater SCC at Fentress Field, VA.
        - Western Washington Sports Car Council stages the
                last-ever autocross at the Boeing employee lot
                in Kent, WA, with 199 drivers.
        - Fresno Chapter pulls 31 to the local Air Nat'l Guard base.
        - Las Vegas Region runs at Pahrump, NV.

Plus, columns:
        Byron Short analyzes  an ESP drivers effort at the Lemoore Pro
Solo;
        Mark Sipe on Tire Rack's National sponsorship;
        Dwayne Komush on cantilever tires;
        Pat Kelly on where some ruless originated;
        Lorenzo the Scribe on surviving stormy events;
        Brian Beckman explain "There is no such thing as Centrifugal
Force";
        Noriel Acorda on what women don't know;
        Warren Leveque is looking for lighter production cars;
        Henry Watts spends a beautiful day looking at clouds in
Buttonwillow, CA;
        Editor John Kelly regrets he can't accept an invitation to the
Salina Mirrorkhana which will have to be re-configured for 2001 as the City
of Salina, KS, encroaches again on one of its large concrete places.

Our interview this month is with Jim and Audrey Harnish of York, PA. He's a
pharmacist. She's an R.N. and the 1999 CSPL National Champion. He
previously won the first-ever National title won by a Dodge Viper.

        Our Autocross calendar has a few more updates. The Garage
Sale--free to subscribers to sell personal vehicles--spills over on to a
second page.
        Plus we have letters, cartoons, and an announcement of Danielle
Engstrom becoming SCCA Solo's official communicator.
        While Pylon single issues are on sale @ $2 nationwide at Tower
Records' magazine rack and other selected news stands, if you can't find
one you can subscribe
for $24 for 12 monthly issues by calling
1-800-KT-KELLY   9-5 PDT M-F and charge to your Visa or MasterCard.

        Or if you're avoiding plastic, checks can be mailed to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120

--John Kelly, editor of North American Pylon