Re: Turning rotors

To: vitaly@nuance.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turning rotors
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 16:29:11 PDT
>I'm asking a lot of questions lately...
>
>Where is a good place to get rotors turned? I warped all four corners
>last year, and now my new Brembos are out of whack in the rear. I don't
>get it -- I always torque my wheels to spec, I never ride the brakes
>when sitting still, my calipers are not seized -- I'm dazzled.
>
>I don't want to pay 2 hours of labor to get something this trivial
>done, but at the same time I don't want some shady character at Midas
>to shave so much that it's barely above the service limit.

One cause is hard braking, followed by driving through a puddle. Or hard
braking followed by setting the parking brake or resting with your foot on
the brake pedal. All cause uneven cooling which can warp the rotor.

Any automotive machine shop can do this, or somewhat decent mechanic. They
only take off about 0.010", if the rotors are relatively true. About $10-17,
each.

Regards,

Rob