Re: Miata settings.

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com, Bay Area Autox List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata settings.
From: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 06:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com> wrote:
> a)  He wants to use the higher ride height spring
> setting (lower perch setting?)

The top perch setting on the Koni Sport corresponds to
non-R ride height.  That's where I have the perch set
on my '91.

> b)  Recommended installation location in South Bay?
> He had them put in already,
> but wasn't happy with the work.

Not sure I can help you with this one; I put mine in
myself.  And as for shops, the only one I've dealt
with since buying my Miata is C2 Automotive in
Oakland.

> c)  Basic shock settings?

I run mine at full soft in most situations.  If he's
running stock sways, he might want to experiment with
running the front shocks a bit stiffer than the rears.
 But I've found my car handles just fine at full soft.

> d)  The car pulls slightly to the right with two
> sets of tires.  The dealer told
> him something about an engine frame (subframe?) not
> being aligned right?  Again,
> is there a place to go (short of Custom Alignment)
> to just get the thing pointed
> straight down the road?  Recommended street
> settings?

Again, not sure I can help you.  As I mentioned
previously, I was in a hit-and-run Sunday afternoon,
but haven't gotten estimates yet (I'm doing that
today, and any frame damage my car took is slight; she
still drives fine).

> e)  Anything else I'm missing?

Once the frame is fixed, get C2's killer Miata
alignment, or at least one that's more aggressive than
the stock alignment.  And when the alignment is done,
he should be sitting behind the wheel.

Hope this helps!

Scot
Badly bruised '91 CS Miata

=====
Scot Zediker
mx5_1991@yahoo.com
San Jose, CA

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."