RE: disaster at Sacramento

To: "'Chris Tweney'" <cat@pobox.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: disaster at Sacramento
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 15:40:17 -0700
Was this at McClellan or Mather?  My Michelin Pilot HXs were doing just fine
thank you until I did the Test&Tune at McClellan.  That surface is just
nasty abrasive.  I made it through more than 30 runs at Mather for McKamey
school with no visible wear, but one day at McClellan (~15 runs) must have
taken off as much as all my other events combined.

As for suspension, I've seen some FWD cars that seem to add visible positive
camber when the front end is loaded and turned (new Corolla I think?) while
others do not.  Funny thing, as I would have expected struts to go negative
under load but I guess it has something to do with steering geometry.  Good
luck and I hope an alignment will cure it!

Peter Thana