Shameless plugs - autocrossing in the Bay Area and beyond

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Shameless plugs - autocrossing in the Bay Area and beyond
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 16:09:33 -0700
Well, despite the distance, I think all of us had a lot of fun at the
Lemoore Pro.  I can only hope that if it's closer next year more rookies
will feel like making the trek out.  It was great to have the motor home
there on Sunday and the camaraderie of our region as we all gathered around
for the free lunch!  (thanks Charlie and co!)

I'd like to make a quick plug here for instructors for our June 3rd
school.  Please email whoever is in charge (Vernon again?) if you're
interested in helping out by instructing this years fine batch of
rookies.  The autocross school is a vitally important part of our program,
as it only comes around once a year and provides so much benefit for those
students that made it in.

I'd also like to plug the upcoming Divisional, hosted by the Sacramento
chapter on June 16-18 up at McClellan.  It's supposed to be an awesome site
and I'm sure Casey Cronin will come up with a great course... check out all
the details at:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2000/Divisional/
This is the closest you can come to a national level event within out
area!  Numbered cones, grid order and running by numbers, audited cone
counts, and great competition and parties!!!

Running the divisional qualifies you to run Nationals... yes, it's not too
early to start thinking about Nationals!  For those of you who want the
ultimate in craziness, a short drive out to the center of the country,
Topeka, Kansas, provides the best competition and the best social scene in
the autocross world.  If you've ever wanted to spend a whole week in a
parking lot in Kansas in September with a chance to throw away your
precious runs due to the pressure, then this is the event for
you!  Seriously though, Nationals is a great experience and I urge everyone
to consider going if you love this sport.
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/2000nationals/index.html

Thanx for listening!!!

        --Darren