RE: Need Advice with DOT autocross tires

To: <cobracrosser@jps.net>, "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Need Advice with DOT autocross tires
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:33:57 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ba-autox@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-ba-autox@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of cobracrosser@jps.net
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 20:43
To: Donald R McKenna; cobracrosser@jps.net; autox@autox.team.net;
ba-autox@autox.team.net

Don, and everyone else thanks so much for the information on tires!!!

I think I will probably go with the Kumhos.  I will need to go with 16 inch
rims $$$ to get a large enough tire for my car.  The only option I have with
15 inch rims are hoosiers.  But I think It would be smart for the long run.

Out of curiosity, what would you guess the time difference of the Kuhmos and
the Hoosiers would be all else being equal with a good driver on a 60 second
course?

Again thanks for all the responses.  I hope this will be a fun year :-).

David Borden

Very hard to say, as Don said conditions vary so much.  I'd say 2-5 tenths??

KeS