Need Advice with DOT autocross tires

To: autox@autox.team.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Need Advice with DOT autocross tires
From: cobracrosser@jps.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 07:02:02 GMT
Hello all,

My wife and I hope to compete competitvely this season in the Sacramento CA
region SCCA OSP class after about 3 years of playing around at 5-7 events a
year...

I am researching the purchase of tires and wheels.  I am hoping I can get some
advice on the type of DOT approved autocross tire we should buy for the season.

The car is a FFR Cobra Replica, 2200 lbs with about 400rwhp.

Between the new G Force R-1's, Kuhmo's and Hoosiers or others, what would you
recommend?

If you have any thoughts on what would be the fastest tire for a short wheel
base high HP car we would appreciate your comments. My wife and I are OK
drivers,
and have LOTS to learn.

Thanks,

Dave Borden