Re: Job Opening: SFR Solo 2 Weather Goddess

To: Kit Wetzler <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Job Opening: SFR Solo 2 Weather Goddess
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:28:53 -0800
Kit Wetzler wrote:

>I had a great time, but taking out the timing lights was pretty
>embarrassing. Sorry for holding up the 3rd run group, that last off
>camber turn really confused my car... (and the nut holding the wheel.)

I don't think it was "off-camber" as much as just plain muddy. On many of
the corners yesterday you couldn't drive the "fast" line, you had to
early-apex and drive a little tighter line to keep from getting into the
"beginning" of the mud cuz, if you got even a little into the mud, it sorta
wrote the "ending" to the fast way around each of those turns.

>Judging by the way Teresa's boxster romped all over my poor little
>Honda, maybe the Boxster wll be the A-stock car to have...

That may be true but, don't "sell the ranch" just yet. Although I didn't
watch her run (and fortunately, didn't hear her times) you're gonna really
have to go some to get the best of Teresa. You know, to put it mildly, she's
done "well" a
couple times before :-)

 On a more serious note, with the kind of surface we had yesterday, (even as
it got less wet on the course) front-engine/front-drivers and rear
engine/rear-drivers get down through the muck better than front engine-rear
drivers ever will.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Fortunately there won't be any embarassing results. Sobe, in Chok's Integra,
really didn't beat a couple of "big n bad" Corvettes by two seconds, did he?

Yes, he did.

        Don