Re: How do you Identify a RX-7 R1

To: Dan Williamson <muyrapido@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: How do you Identify a RX-7 R1
From: Enno Wein <enno@lsil.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:05:34 -0800
Check out that web page.
http://www.k-rad.com/3genfaq

The technically most important (IMHO) and
most expensive difference is the 2nd oil cooler
that the R1 has. It should be mounted on the right.
Also the R1 came with a cool front strut brace, all models
have a rear strut brace.
Shocks were different, springs same.

R1 has no
Bose radio "Wave guide" - clogs up the already
tiny trunk on my touring version, supposedly no leather
seats in the R1.

Other web-pages I found useful:
http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/
http://www.rx7.org/

Good luck in finding an R1, I gave up and settled
for touring version - but I don't regret it.