Re: (no subject) Now: LONG Ro80 story

To: Enno Wein <enno@lsil.com>
Subject: Re: (no subject) Now: LONG Ro80 story
From: "Au H. Nguyen" <aunguyen@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:55:19 -0800
At 09:34 AM 1/26/00 -0800, Enno Wein wrote:
>Didn't seem logical to me - an amount of oil that would produce
>so much smoke would certainly stop the engine
>from firing after the first revolution when it has messed up the plugs,
>therefore with that explanation the car shouldn't start at all.

BMW's K bikes have 3 or 4 horizontal inline cylinders.  The camshafts
are on the left, the crank on the right.  If you park them on the side stand,
they lean to the left.  When you start them up,  they would smoke for a
while.  I think BMW fixed that eventually,  but not before riders learn to
park them on the centerstand so the engine is level.

  Au
  '94 R1100RS