(no subject)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: Cotterep@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:01:57 EST
I noticed someone just mention the Ro80. I had the pleasure of driving one
from Dublin (the real one !) to Galway in 1970 and for that era it was a
great car with beautiful wedge shaped styling. It had a semi automatic
transmission similar to a sequential system and was very quick and smooth. It
was manufactured by NSU, who also made the NSU TT, after which the present
Audi TT was named. The NSU TT was a 998 c.c. small rear engined saloon
similar in style to a BMW 2002 and was very succesful in its class in
motorsport in Europe. The company sold the patent for the rotary engine to
Mazda and were subsequently swallowed by Porsche/Audi.

Eamon