Re: Thank You

To: jesvilla@gte.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thank You
From: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:20:25 -0800 (PST)

--- Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net> wrote:
> I guess you don't mind being second best then.:))
> And it's only 45 year
> good ol' American tech not one hundred year old. The
> wankel has been
> around at least that long also, if my memory is any
> good, 1945 in
> Germany sounds about right, albeit not very reliable
> until the Japanese
> made it work pretty good. Now put a turbo on one of
> those V8's and we'll
> see which one gets there first. You don't see any
> Top Fuel dragsters
> with wankels in them, or F1 cars, now, do we ????

IIRC, the first Wankel-powered car came out in the
late 60's, although I'll concede that development on
the engine probably started in the 40's.  The car, if
anyone's interested, was the NSU Ro80.  I've heard
several of them are still on the road in Europe, most
with Mazda engines.

True, there aren't any Wankel-engined Top Fuel cars,
but there is a fellow with a very quick 20B-powered
RX7 on the import drag circuit. (Forgot his name, but
I'm sure someone on this list remembers it.)

Scot
Do You Yahoo!?