Thank You

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank You
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:44:15 -0800
Thanks to everyone who went to the banquet last night. For some reason, it
took watching the first half of a road race banquet for me to realize what a
special group we have.

I have to really publically thank Teresa Neidel for all her hard work and
PowerPoint prowess. All I could do was have some ideas and scribble them
down on a piece of paper and then try to explain it in e-mail. Teresa's the
one who made it all come to life, and of course, added her own influence.
It's always been a very fun collaborative effort. Too bad there aren't many
Slideshow Festivals, a la Sundance or Cannes, or we'd be very famous
slideshow directors.

Also, without Jim Williams and his photography, we wouldn't have had a slide
show at all, or at least it would have been very short and blurry.

And thanks to everyone who sent me photos for the slide show. You made it
what it was!

Thanks to Bryan Nemy, we had a sound system. Next year, can we just use the
Peavey speakers? :)

Back to how great we are...

I truthfully enjoyed this new format, and apparently, according to various
sources, for some reason there were many, many awards added to the format,
and even the powers that be were taken by surprise. I'd like to give it
another chance. I had a blast. Maybe, with more autocrossers there, we can
take up half the room.

I also think next year that EVERYONE should be able to see Le Slide Show,
just so all of SFR can see what we're all about. Who knows, maybe the
roadrace folks can come up with one themselves? It could be really fun.

But I just have to tell you how impressed I am by Sal Versaggi, our region's
RE. We were all sitting there, while the silly roadracers were cutting up
the dance floor, engaged in a passioned debate over what the car is for A
Stock. Sal came by, and told us to go party, and we explained, "We can't.
This debate is far too important."

"Wha?! Are you crazy?" he said.

"You tell us," said Phil, "which car is better for A Stock: the Honda S2000
or the Porsche Boxster."

Well, not only did he have an opinion, his opinion was sound. This was a
huge contradiction of what I was raised to believe about RE's. He gave us a
very thoughtful response, and I thought, wow, we have another convert.

What I really enjoyed last night was hearing so many roadracers say, "Hey, I
ought to try autocrossing." So, we might get some to cross over to the other
side, who knows. I've got this new theory, which is, everyone's born wanting
to roadrace. You have to evolve to want to autocross.

Thanks again,
Katie Kelly,