Re: oh man this thing is beautiful - SCCA rules

To: info@scca-susq.com, miata@realbig.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oh man this thing is beautiful - SCCA rules
From: Nandaholz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:06:50 EST
http://home4.highway.ne.jp/okuyama/products/nb6,8-3.jpg

<< >--- Eric Moon <info@scca-susq.com> wrote:
 >> Not familiar with NASA rules or classing.
 >> SCCA rules allow for strut braces that transverse
 >> the stut mounting points
 >> ONLY.  In other words, the bracing may not extend
 >> rearward or forward ---
 >> to the firewall, etc....
 >
 >Unless of course this was a factory item, right?

How about if the brace was installed but the mounting bolts were removed from
the rear firewall that attach the back of the brace for added stiffness? This
would make it essentially a regular brace with the rear angled pieces not
functional during an autox and merely cosmetic. I could then add the bolts
after the autox for the street and track events where the extra stiffness
would be beneficial. Any thoughts, would this be acceptable to the tech
inspectors.

~Nanda and UFO