Re: Matt's question on Street tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Matt's question on Street tires
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:47:57 -0500
Mark, obviously, a LOT of people disagree with my statements about
street tires in stock. But when I read illogical reasoning used to put
the idea down, I couldn't keep quiet.

It's interesting that you are concerned about "writing a good rule" for
street tires. What's wrong with the rules in ST for street tires? It
looks to me like that formula has worked very well for quite a few
years. Oh..... and a good exclusion list would seem to work, too.

Incidentally, I was one of the naysayers when ST was proposed to run on
street tires. I was with the majority, back then. Guess what I
learned?.....the majority isn't always right. Just saying it over and
over and cheering each other on doesn't mean your support of Rcomps is
what is best for the sport, overall.

Now if the SEB suddenly decided to make Rcomps illegal in stock (SP & SM
too?) would the sport blow up? I sincerely doubt it. People would adapt
and we'd all go back to having fun just like before. And the contract
drivers would find new tire companies to contract with.

Keep flamin' <grin>