Re: [evolution-disc.] Video of Sunday's Fort Myer's Tour course

To: evolution-discussions <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Video of Sunday's Fort Myer's Tour course
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:49:57 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Jerry Onks wrote:
> We ran that same course or close to it 2 or 3 years ago in Ft. Myers. I
> was banging the rev limiter in 2nd gear 2 times in my stock 02 Z06 which
> is about 75mph. No protests that year and we even had One worker hit and
> a vette in the fence.
>
> BTW, at nationals banging the rev limiter in 2nd gear in the same car
> has been common in the past and I can remember shifting into 3rd on one
> north course as well.
>
> If a course is considered fast, or too fast you can always slow down if
> you are not comfortable with the speed :)

Or you could design a course to the rules.

You know, the ones that say that stock/sp cars shouldn't be going faster
than the low to mid 60's?

Or you could even change the rules, _then_ design a course where you're
banging the rev limiter.

But, just perhaps, we shouldn't be designing a course where you're banging
the rev limiter (in a z06), with our _current_ rules.

Mark