Re: [evolution-disc.] Faster Cars, Tighter Courses?

To: "Alan Dahl" <alandahl@mac.com>, "Mark Sirota" <mark@sirota.org>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Faster Cars, Tighter Courses?
From: "Chuck and Donna #42" <teampointless@britsys.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:18:44 -0500
IMHO If the guidelines are followed there will not be a major spread between
the fastest and slowest stock classes. It's only when HP can be exercised
does the spread expand. A Z06 may be able to accellerate quicker than a base
Mini, but that driver will have to wait longer to apply that power coming
out of a tighter corner, and will have to slow down more for the next one
whereas the Mini can maintain his speed and momentum. At Nationals they
launch cars at similar intervals no matter what the class, if the fast cars
were that much faster and the slow cars that much slower, with the length of
the courses you would have too few cars on course in the fast classes and/or
a parade of slow cars on course at the same time in the slower classes. That
doesn't happen there. This sport is supposed to be about driver skill not
HP. I have only been to the last 4 nationals, but I don't remember needing
3rd gear much if at all yet, at least to me, those courses were FUN. I for
one don't need to have to carry a change of underwear for each run to find
it fun... YMMV