RE: Missing Mileage!

To: "Dick Rasmussen" <rasmussend@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Missing Mileage!
From: "Haden, Bruce" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:46:42 -0700
My 2 cents worth (WAY different vehicle). 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab
with 4.7 V-8 and 5 speed auto. Rated at 14/19. I'm hard pressed to get
15.5 with mostly freeway at 65-70 mph. Around town a lot equals 12-13.
Driving a lot at 70+ mph vs 65-67 with cruise on will cost me 2+ mpg. I
griped to the dealer and he queried the "Home Office". Their reply was
that the EPA highway rating is taken at a steady 55 mph. The solution is
to drive slow enough to be a hazard to other cars and your mileage will
come up. Yeah, like the people who are on this list can do THAT!

        Bruce