RE: Missing Mileage!

To: "Joe Goeke" <teamnet@hedlygoeke.com>,
Subject: RE: Missing Mileage!
From: "Haden, Bruce" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:46:19 -0700
A two word solution to your mileage problems:  Cumming Diesel ;-).

Our 2001 Dodge 2500 4wd CTD extended cab gets 20-21 mpg on the road, and
about 14 towing a 24ft enclosed Pace trailer brick weighing in around
9000lbs loaded.  That's with about 550ft/lbs of torque also :-).

---JHG
425-442-4617
// --- Need to host a website?  www.goekeweb.com

When I bought mine the CTD was not available in the new body style
(the new body was available in 1500 guise only) and the Hemi had not
been released yet. I didn't want a 5.9. That left the 4.7. It actually
runs really nice, but it is hauling around a lot of truck. Mine weighs
5300 with nothing in it and a full tank. That's on a certified scale.
The Hemis are around 5500+. Also, here in the land of Gray Davis    ;-(
the HO diesel and 6 speed are not available at all; we can only get the
base engine and an auto. I just don't trust the current crop of autos
behind all that torque
and I like controlling my own gears. I do have the 5 speed auto in my
4.7
and it is my only real gripe. It REFUSES to downshift when it should up
grades and I have little control over it other than turning the OD on or
off. Since 4th and 5th are both OD ratios, that turns in into a 3 speed
when I push the button. Maybe next year us Californians will get the
good stuff.