'95 MR2 front strut question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: '95 MR2 front strut question
From: Sup4speed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:37:16 EDT
Hi All:

I'm in the middle of trying to replace my '95 MR2 front strut inserts.
Besides having trouble getting the big 54mm strut housing insert retaining nut
off
(rusted on I guess, still soaking in penetrating oil), I was told at the local
Toyota dealership the insert is not replaceable and that they don't have a
part # for that housing nut.  I know strut inserts are pretty common, and Koni,
KYB, Tokico have applications for this car.  I assume the '94 and '95 MR2 must
be similar in front strut design, not sure about '91 to '93 models.  Are my
strut inserts replaceable ?  More common to see '91 to '93 models in E-Stock,
but certainly are a few '94 and '95 models out there too with aftermarket
struts ?  Thanks !

Don Lew
DSP #79 Supra
ES '95 MR2