protests.

To: auto-x <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: protests.
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:01:03 -0700
Rocky- you mentioned this:

The case in which I was on the PC, at a Solo II Nationals, the premise
raised was that the car in question had not been produced in the 1000/year
quantity specified for the category. We even queried the Solo Board (about
the rule point, not the car) before deciding, and the answer we got was
basically, the 1000/year was their guideline, but they as the controlling
board had the leeway to mandate exceptions where warranted. From that, we
ruled the questioned car legal on the premise that the Solo Board by
including it had thus declared it so.

 When I was running my TVR on a more regular basis, I had more bring
that up to me than any
other thing (in stock class). What most people just glossed over was the
preceding "Cars not
specifically listed, must be.."

When pointed out, they understood.
Bill