Re: Those of you using AOL

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Those of you using AOL
From: Erik Van-der-Mey <autox@webcentrix.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:11:47 -0500
At 8:58 AM -0400 9/17/03, Matt Murray wrote:
>I hate to disparage this company, but those of you on AOL need to
>know what AOL is doing to "fight" the virus and spam coming into
>their system. Rather than use legitimate technology, they just
>block certain ISPs (like mine optonline, Cablevision's internet
>service). For most stuff it doen't make a difference, but for
>those of you who are using it as a business account, some of your
>customers might not be getting through to you.

A quick Google search of "optonline.com spam blacklist' turned up
indications that your ISP does harbor Spammers and has fould its way
into several blacklists.

You should be complaining to your own ISP (for harboring SPAMMERS) at
least as much as you complain about AOLs practices.
--
Erik Van-der-Mey                             http://erik.vandermey.net/
2002 VW Silver Hare                               http://vw.com/GTI337/