Re: road conditions in Kansas - Turnpike flood, Forbes tip

To: rocky@tri.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: road conditions in Kansas - Turnpike flood, Forbes tip
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:15:09 EDT
Last night several of the people from the hood worked for 1.5 hours clearing
a couple
storm drains. They got clogged with limps, trash and leaves. The water was
knee deep in the street and pouring into a neighbors garage. He has a newly
restored
Model-A Ford in there!!!!. He had a 30 inch diameter boulder that used to set
next
to his driveway. Its now in his backyard, fifty yards down the hill. My rain
gage had
2 inches in it Friday. By Saturday at 2:pm 6 inches and probably over flowed
for two hours before I checked it. Sunday it had another 5 inches at 5:00pm. I
emptied it.
This morning it had another 1.5 inches. Thats 14.5 inches in three days.
Before
Friday we had a yearly total of 16 inches of rainfall. Its been so dry that
when it started raining, it was like it was raining on a parking lot. I know
its not Autox related
but its to give some of you coming to the Nats the scope of the rainfall we
have had.
The ground is soaked. If you are coming to the Nats and it starts raining
hard beware. Avoid low areas if the rain comes heavy.

Mike B.
Blue Springs Missouri