Re: San Diego

To: <josh@sirota.org>
Subject: Re: San Diego
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:09:51 -0800 (PST)
> So speaking of tire choice ... why does anyone think the Hoosier Dirt
> Stocker (which, I believe, is the tire that is leading AS) is legal in
> stock?  It isn't made in enough sizes, at least based on what I see on
> Hoosier's web site.  It has to be made in at least 6 sizes in at least 4
> diameters, and that tire is made in 5 sizes of 5 diameters.

Because the tire eligibility qualification is annual, I don't believe
there is any way to validate whether ANY tire is legal or illegal at any
event before the April cutoff date.  This is a long-standing problem.

The Hoosier DS is probably people not taking size eligibility into
consideration, as it was legal under the minimum sizes rule of a few years
ago.  I do not consider it the hot rain tire personally, after beating
Bill Herron in equivalent Camaros by over two seconds in the rain at
Oakland.  He had DSers, I had high-grade wet weather street tires, and
there were several drivers in each car to validate the results.

KeS