Re: Copyrights

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Copyrights
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:06:30 -0500
> I didn't quote your entire post David, but I found it
> all interesting.  An honest question, how does this
> affect quoting other peoples words in a reply on the
> same list?  It would seem that it would also violate
> their copyright, unless there is some type of implied
> consent by posting to a list.  Another question would
> be how about when people cross post a quoted section
> to other lists?  I have seen where people have replied
> to team.net and the Evolution list for example.
> Thanks.
================================
I feel, and I would hope most people of average intelligence would as well,
that submitting one's "works" to a publicly used discussion list, such as
this, would lend implied permission to quote the original "work" in
subsequent posts.

By the way, what happened to the Berne Convention/Treaty in all this?  Did
we, America, suddenly unjoin WIPO and the "fair use" concept is no longer
valid here?  Have the lawyers really sunk their claws that deeply into a
good idea?

Man, is it Spring yet?  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon STS #69
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
"In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French;
I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language."
Mark Twain