re: Copyrights

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Copyrights
From: Steve Elzinga <huronmountain@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 05:43:50 -0800 (PST)
> You have exactly the same claim, not greater or
lesser.  You have a
copyright, the same way I have copyright on this
letter.

        Oh, and note, sending it to a mailing list counts as
publication...

I didn't quote your entire post David, but I found it
all interesting.  An honest question, how does this
affect quoting other peoples words in a reply on the
same list?  It would seem that it would also violate
their copyright, unless there is some type of implied
consent by posting to a list.  Another question would
be how about when people cross post a quoted section
to other lists?  I have seen where people have replied
to team.net and the Evolution list for example.
Thanks.

Steve Elzinga