OT: Recent Action by Dennis Grant

To: <stu@yahoogroups.com>, <streettouring@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: OT: Recent Action by Dennis Grant
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 09:59:32 -0600
For those of you subscribed to more than one group on my recipient list,
please accept my apologies for cross-posting. I believe that this post is
relevant to anyone who takes an interest in Street Modified. It regards an
action taken by Dennis Grant, moderator of the unofficial Street Mod Yahoo
mailing list (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stu/).

On Thursday, March 6, Dennis announced that he had permanently banned J.
Toby Mordkoff from the list. Since jtoby participates in several of the
other lists to which this is being cross-posted, many of you already have a
feel for his manner, and some of you may already have seen clashes between
jtoby and Dennis. You can decide for yourself if the messages posted by
jtoby on the list justified his expulsion simply by viewing the list
archives.

Dennis admitted that the messages in question didn't justify expelling
jtoby, but he claimed that he had received private communication that
justified his action. He wouldn't detail what he had received, saying, in
effect, "Trust me."

There have been several responses on the SM list to Dennis' action, and all
but one of them has been opposed. I myself posted a response in opposition
to such a move. Dennis has adamantly refused to reconsider his decision, and
this is why I am writing this message.

I am posting on the various lists for informational purposes. If you're
interested in making your own decision, you can look up the relevant
messages in the Street Mod list archives.

Regards,

Jay