Re: Ft. Myers

To: Scott R Sawyer <reddog_es22@juno.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ft. Myers
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:54:23 -0800 (PST)
--- Scott R Sawyer <reddog_es22@juno.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any details on what's going on? I heard
> there was an
> "incident," is everyone all right? I also heard at
> least one motor didn't
> make it through the weekend, maybe more. Any idea
> who? Hope everyone's
> ok.

The most expensive weekend I have ever seen.  Three
cars got collison damage in different areas of the
course- A Z06 hit a fence and 2 corner workers, MR2
spyder with minor damage, and a Subaru that hit one of
those large steel storage containers.  The corner
workers are OK with just bruises, (although one jumped
and was sent flying above roof line, possibly caught
on in car video).

Atleast 2 out of the 3 incidents were not stupid
mistakes.  The Z06 could not do anything different
when the course workers were hit, it was just going
that fast.  Actually, 2 other cars ended up 4 tires in
the grass at the same spot, and didn't hit the fence.
Keep in mind the grass is only about 7 feet wide
between the concrete and the fence.

Atleast 3 engines decided to blow: a CSP miata, BS MR2
Turbo, and a 2002 BMW 330CI.  Several occasions put
cars near or in the start line including one that
smashed the timer and almost the start tree.  Also
atleast 2 other German cars had problems prohibiting
them from running.

Luckily for the Spyder, Super Nice and Super Fast Rod
McGeorge just received a black parts car at his dealer
to give the Petersons the correct parts to fix there
relatively minor damage.

Bottom line though, a majority of the course was in
3rd gear and there's just not enough space for a
prosolo that fast with a 60+mph finish.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing