Re: Power Lug Nut Removal/Installation

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Lug Nut Removal/Installation
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:36:54 -0500
The Milwaukee is a beast; great wrench.  Whatever you get, I would say
adjust the torque setting to where you're shy of your desired torque and
then finish it up with an accurte, calibrated torque wrench.  You're going
to check it anyways so.....

At 12/05/2002 at 11:21, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Andrew Schmiechen's
keyboard and said:
>Every once and a while someone on this list starts talking about power tools
>for removing/installing lug nuts.  I guess it's my turn to bring it up
>again.  I remember someone posted that they're using a Milwaukee cordless,
>either regular driver or impact driver.   Anyone care to share that info
>again, especially the model number.
>
>I'm also curious about putting the lug nuts back on.  Is it possible to use
>a power driver and set it to the right torque that it stops at say 80ft/lbs?
>
>Thanks!  Getting tired of doing this by hand.

Cheers!