Re: Sound levels (was NASA vs. Pylon)

To: Eric Salem <eric@mail.brown911.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sound levels (was NASA vs. Pylon)
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:01:13 -0700
    The 95dbA was started when all autocrosses were run at the Alameda
County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, CA. The fair required it, as all state
fairgrounds do. At the time, it was THE site to play on, and in order to
keep it, we all met the limits. The sound limits I believe were actually
inititated by the local council, not SCCA-SFR.
    After the loss of the fairgrounds, not because of noise (that's another
topic), one of the arguments we had for being allowed to play on other sites
was the sound level policy, which is really no louder than freeway noise.
    We take what we can get under the requirements needed. It's not worth a
move east to run straightpipes. :)
--Pat Kelly