Re: Pylon misunderstands NASA

To: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>, Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net
Subject: Re: Pylon misunderstands NASA
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:01:13 -0700
    Kevin speaks the truth, Dennis, and you know it. My 7 is apparently one
of those 'privileged' P cars that is allowed to run SFR events. That's
because we got the sound level to less than 95dbA at 100 feet. The 7 even
can run at San Diego's QualCom stadium which requires less than 93dbA at 50
feet.
    In fact, at our last event, we had 5 entered in DP, 1 in AP, and
anticipate several FP Porsches at our event this coming Sunday. Even an E
Mod car showed up. CP has had a steady group of about 3 drivers, albeit in
one Camaro.
    You know you are welcome at SFR events if your SCCA membership is
current and your 510 can meet the sound requirements, which are espcially
sensitive at Golden Gate Fields.
    Please paint with a more specific brush.
--Pat K
P.S. The NASA group John referred to was not your excellent group and the
column was about name-calling, which you have over-achieved.