Re: Slotted and/or drilled rotors for '86 Civic Si?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slotted and/or drilled rotors for '86 Civic Si?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:45:25 -0500
> How about reduced unsprung, rotating weight?  Rotors are a lousy place to
> have weight, provided you still have enough braking power.
>
> If the reduced surface area and heat capacity of drilled/slotted rotors
> don't create real problems, I'll opt for the lighter rotors anytime.  And
> they also work better in the rain.
Agreed, especially on Mod cars where every little extra ounce is detrimental
to optimal performance.  But how about on production cars/sedans????

Take a look at what a friend of mine made for a CM car.  (For some odd
reason I coudn't get the pic to load though.)

http://www.boltmaker.com/Rotor.html

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon R/T (see-dan)
#69 STS