Re: karts and autox

To: "AutoX" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: karts and autox
From: "Dan Morency" <DMorency@gwi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:39:40 -0400
I drive a F440 and my son drives a Fjr at our events. Our kart contingent is
growng slowly as we try to develop our future drivers and make it easier to
be a family event. Our rides trailer together with his Coyote on a rack
above the nose of my Red Devil. We haven't seen any F125's but I have heard
rumors... On some courses the slighly modofied 5 HP briggs karts can come
close to the FM cars for FTD.

We should be careful to avoid the us and them attitudes... I sometimes hear
disparaging remarks about the FMod, they call it a big go kart etc... The
bottom line is that we all enjoy finding he edge while doing "precision
driving" exercises. Why should it matter what any participant drives?

Each model and type of car brings with it challenges. Each of us should be
pleased that all of these different cars and drivers can participate, each
finding their own "edge" ... cross it and get cones. spins etc... dance
along it and finish with that unique, satisfying adrenaline rush that we all
strive for!

Dan Morency
Past President
www.CumberlandMotorClub.com